Ask Dr. Job’s chief contributor, Sandra Pesmen, is a member of the Chicago Journalism Hall of Fame and author of “DR. JOB’s Complete Career Guide.”

Winner of several journalism awards, Pesmen is a graduate of the University of Illinois Media College at Urbana, and is listed in several Who’s Who editions. She also has been Corporate Features Editor of Crain Communications Inc., founding Features Editor of Crain’s Chicago Business and a reporter/features writer for The Chicago Daily News.

For information on partnering with, please contact us.

How to Insure Kids

Q.I'm one of those older fathers sending a daughter to college in my 60s. I lost my job with insurance benefits and I'm going on to Medicare in a year. My wife has insurance through her job but can't bring on her family. That leaves our daughter "hanging in the wind."  I bought a temporary individual policy for her but wonder what is really practical. The university offers a policy at a very low rate I can lock in for the next four years, but it has a $200,000 cap, and if she were to become seriously ill with something costing more than that, we'd be in trouble. Do you have a suggestion?

Ans. Try a search online of : Catastrophic Insurance Policies. You should find a low cost policy, called "an umbrella" to add to the university policy. Check also with your insurance agent. Your lucky the university offers this coverage that you can a add supplement to.

Tis the Season to Update Resume

Using Company Computer for Facebook?